POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : [ANNOUNCE] IRTC Oct-Jan animation winners : [ANNOUNCE] IRTC Oct-Jan animation winners Server Time
16 May 2024 09:04:11 EDT (-0400)
  [ANNOUNCE] IRTC Oct-Jan animation winners
From: Internet Ray Tracing Competition
Date: 31 Jan 2001 21:42:39
Message: <3a78cd1f$1@news.povray.org>
(What do folks think about our posting the announcements here, too? -- Chip)

All the votes are in for the October-January 2001 round of the Internet Ray
Tracing Animation Competition, and the winners are:

   First place:   Fire Flies (firefly.mpg) by Peter Shafer
   Second place:  For a claw full of gold. (dg_charl.mpg) by DUNCAN GRAY.
   Third place:   Escape From Utopia (Part 1) (escape1.mpg) by Neil Alexander

And our Honorable Mentions for this round are:

   Artistic Merit:   The Downfall (downfall.mpg) by Fernando de Anda
   Technical Merit:  Anthrosphinx vs. Wyngz Pursuit-Escape (maal_pe1.mpg) by Markus
Altendorff
   Concept/Theme:    Stapler Story (stapler.mpg) by Burcak DURUOZ

The complete tabulated results of the public vote are available:

   ftp://ftp.irtc.org/pub/anims/2001-01-15/zipped-up/results.txt
   http://www.irtc.org/anims/2001-01-15.html

Congratulations to the winners, and thanks to everyone who participated in the
competition.  Please join us for the current round!

--
The IRTC Admin Team